| Adventures |
All About Us |
Our Friends |
Leave A Msg |
Upcoming |
Designer |
Cakes Galore!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Finally 8 weeks of baking class has ended! I scored an average of 90 to 92% for my tests, practical and exams which I'm quite proud of! Other than the distinctions back in my last 2 semesters with Curtin, these are the results I am most happy with in my entire schooling life! Haha...
Was suppose to go for another 8 weeks of Classical deserts Class but I think I have to skip it cause I am feeling rather heavy already and green veins are beginning to pop out from the back of my legs for standing too many hrs in the kitchen. I guess when I'm back home in SG I may be able to find a reputable baking school to go to, just for fun! Anywayz, Jason's family will be arriving on 15th Nov and we will be heading to Orlando and Niagra Falls so I will be missing a week's worth of classes, so no point, I shall just enjoy my last few months relaxing at home!
I must say school's great over here... Now I feel a little lost not knowing what to do with my Tues and Thurs and pouring over books and learning something new every week! Guess I shall just settle myself with going for more Yoga classes and to the Gym to work out! :) Work our all the calories I've put on from school this past 2 months!
So Here's a final entry about school and what I've learnt from the past 2 or 3 weeks! Cakes! First Cake we made was Yellow Chiffon Cake with Raspberry and Simple Buttercream...
Delicious! Our anniversary's coming in another few weeks and I told darling that I shall make a cake for our anniversary and he says he would like to have strawberry shortcake! Let's see what I can do! *winks* Ophe's version of Strawberry shortcake! Haha...
Next up, Ang Mo Carrot Cake! I never tried Ang Mo Carrot Cake before! Can you imagine!? Cause I love Cai Tow Kuey and I can never imagine placing a piece of carrot in a sweet desert into my mouth and thus I've never tried it before hehe... but since I've made this in school, I decided to brave myself and try it... Oh gosh its delicious la... I fell in ove with carrot cakes immediately! And I tell you... to make a carrot cake is a lot of work leh! All the different creams... So don't ask why a piece of carrot cake is so much more expensive then the rest of the cakes!
See the little carrots we made! So cute right! I ate them too though they are so sweeeet.... Hard work ma! Cannot waste the efforts right!
Dissected Carrot Cake
Yumz...
Delicious Chocolate Mousse Cake
Here's another view
I didn't really enjoy the chocolate cake though coz I find it a little dry and crumbly...
My hubby's all time favorite cheesecake!
It's yummy but I dunnoe how come my graham craker crust melts away haha...
We also made this other foam type cake, Angel food cake which I find is a super sweet cake... Heehee, i still prefer my old fashion pandan cake hehe...
We also learnt some cake decor techniques which I'm super lousy at! Haha... See my ugly handwritting!
And some strawberries me and my classmates dip!
See my tuxedo dip!
Ok finally a picture of me and my cute lecturer who is super good at what he does...
Finally 8 weeks of baking class has ended! I scored an average of 90 to 92% for my tests, practical and exams which I'm quite proud of! Other than the distinctions back in my last 2 semesters with Curtin, these are the results I am most happy with in my entire schooling life! Haha...
Was suppose to go for another 8 weeks of Classical deserts Class but I think I have to skip it cause I am feeling rather heavy already and green veins are beginning to pop out from the back of my legs for standing too many hrs in the kitchen. I guess when I'm back home in SG I may be able to find a reputable baking school to go to, just for fun! Anywayz, Jason's family will be arriving on 15th Nov and we will be heading to Orlando and Niagra Falls so I will be missing a week's worth of classes, so no point, I shall just enjoy my last few months relaxing at home!
I must say school's great over here... Now I feel a little lost not knowing what to do with my Tues and Thurs and pouring over books and learning something new every week! Guess I shall just settle myself with going for more Yoga classes and to the Gym to work out! :) Work our all the calories I've put on from school this past 2 months!
So Here's a final entry about school and what I've learnt from the past 2 or 3 weeks! Cakes! First Cake we made was Yellow Chiffon Cake with Raspberry and Simple Buttercream...
Delicious! Our anniversary's coming in another few weeks and I told darling that I shall make a cake for our anniversary and he says he would like to have strawberry shortcake! Let's see what I can do! *winks* Ophe's version of Strawberry shortcake! Haha...
Next up, Ang Mo Carrot Cake! I never tried Ang Mo Carrot Cake before! Can you imagine!? Cause I love Cai Tow Kuey and I can never imagine placing a piece of carrot in a sweet desert into my mouth and thus I've never tried it before hehe... but since I've made this in school, I decided to brave myself and try it... Oh gosh its delicious la... I fell in ove with carrot cakes immediately! And I tell you... to make a carrot cake is a lot of work leh! All the different creams... So don't ask why a piece of carrot cake is so much more expensive then the rest of the cakes!
See the little carrots we made! So cute right! I ate them too though they are so sweeeet.... Hard work ma! Cannot waste the efforts right!
Dissected Carrot Cake
Yumz...
Delicious Chocolate Mousse Cake
Here's another view
I didn't really enjoy the chocolate cake though coz I find it a little dry and crumbly...
My hubby's all time favorite cheesecake!
It's yummy but I dunnoe how come my graham craker crust melts away haha...
We also made this other foam type cake, Angel food cake which I find is a super sweet cake... Heehee, i still prefer my old fashion pandan cake hehe...
We also learnt some cake decor techniques which I'm super lousy at! Haha... See my ugly handwritting!
And some strawberries me and my classmates dip!
See my tuxedo dip!
Ok finally a picture of me and my cute lecturer who is super good at what he does...
Memorable Holiday Destinations 2008
Lake Mead, Las Vegas, USA
San Diego, USA
Singapore
Yellow Stones, Montana, USA
Glen Canyon, Arizona, USA
Las Vegas, USA
2007
New York, USA
Utah, USA
Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, USA
Napa Valley, San Francisco, USA
Cabazon, Los Angeles, USA
Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
San Francisco, USA
Los Angeles, USA
2006
Tokyo,Japan
Taipei,Taiwan
Bangkok, Thailand
Bintan, Indonesia
2005
Colorado, USA
Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Los Angeles, USA
Las Vegas, USA
San Diego, USA
Bintan, Indonesia
As of Dec 21 2008
Apologies on the lack of updates!
Been posting pictures on facebook and it seems wierd to post again on the blog haha kinda double job like that
And have been getting lazy in writting, prefering to use the mouse and just click!
Caleb's blog is still recieving weekly updates though
In fact we just updated the blog with some "photo studio" pics!
Do check it out!
Stay Tune for updates!