| Adventures |
All About Us |
Our Friends |
Leave A Msg |
Upcoming |
Designer |
Yummy Food
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
It's all food food food! Haha... I'm very sure by the time we are back in Singapore. It's either we are getting fat or we are gonna have high cholestrol! Plus we don't really lead an active life!!! Gosh... Potato couches most of the time, I wonder if we stay in US for another few years are we gonna bloat bloat bloat!
Anywayz, been in the kitchen this few days making a Singapore feast! Made laksa and Otar Otar! Hehe... Really fun, Laksa didn't taste too bad... Needs chicken stock though instead of just water suggested by the recipe. We ran out of Laksa Prima Taste and there's this other one that we bought, Asian Home Gourmet, it does not taste very nice... So decided to make it from scratch hehe. Super missed my grandma's Otar Otar also and decide to make them on my own! Super proud of the Otar Otar, cause they taste just the right texture and super yum yumz! It looks a little pale though, not sure if its because I didn't put a lot of sambal chilli... but you know Jason's tummy can't take too much heat so I better not put in too much chilli spice!
There were loads of bake goods from school too! Haha...Scones, Muffins, cookies, brownies! Super yumz... We gonna make bread this coming Thursday in school, so shall update again soon with pictures!
Anyway here are the pics!
Did you see a little white flake on Frosty's nose?! He looks so cute... He was snooping around in the kitchen while I was preparing the rempah for the laksa and I think one of the "runaway" garlic skin flew and landed on his nose refusing to let go! Haha... I love my dog.
Here's the laksa! Looking authentic eh? Really need to change the soup stock to either chicken stock or ikan billis stock I think...
Oh my here's the Otar Otar mix! Hehe smells super good, the lemon grass and all... yumz!
Scooping the paste onto the banana leaves!
The oven baked Otar Otar! Yumz yumz... Satisfying! I think it will taste even better if we BBQ it! But the weather is now just too warm to stand under for any kinda BBQ! Shall make another batch during Fall or Winter then! Hehe...
Otar Otar served with Nasi Lemak! I didn't make a big batch though so we are left with about 4 otars! Probably keep till this weekend and we can eat Otar bread! Hehe...
Now here are the baking goods we made in school! The triangular shaped ones are Fruit scones. Super yumz yumz! The one with the white sugar coating on top is Poppyseeds Lemon Muffins! I simply love the lemon and crunchy poppy seeds taste! Darling mentioned that poppyseeds are actually drugs or from opium plant! I didn't know that! He actually forbid me to eat them until he wikipedia them and it was mentioned safe for consumption hehe... Nervous daddy! Hehe... The other muffins that we made were Raspberry muffins and they were so crumbly and soft! Success! But I still prefer the lemon favoured ones!
Now these are Spritz cookies! Very almondy flavoured! I had loads of fun with this cookie cause they are piped out from the piping bag! I love piping hehe super fun!
And the superbly yumz yumz brownie with chocolate ganache. Omg its totally deli la... The chocolate ganache was suppose to be a super smooth layer. Hehe but due to transportation in the hot heat and because we just made it and it didn't have time to cool down, it started to melt a little and the ganache got stuck onto my aluminium foil... It look gorgeous when we were in school!
Here's a picture of the cut up brownies... The under side has a layer of powdered sugar... slurp slurp.
Alright, I'm done with my overload of food pictures! Are you hungry yet?!
It's all food food food! Haha... I'm very sure by the time we are back in Singapore. It's either we are getting fat or we are gonna have high cholestrol! Plus we don't really lead an active life!!! Gosh... Potato couches most of the time, I wonder if we stay in US for another few years are we gonna bloat bloat bloat!
Anywayz, been in the kitchen this few days making a Singapore feast! Made laksa and Otar Otar! Hehe... Really fun, Laksa didn't taste too bad... Needs chicken stock though instead of just water suggested by the recipe. We ran out of Laksa Prima Taste and there's this other one that we bought, Asian Home Gourmet, it does not taste very nice... So decided to make it from scratch hehe. Super missed my grandma's Otar Otar also and decide to make them on my own! Super proud of the Otar Otar, cause they taste just the right texture and super yum yumz! It looks a little pale though, not sure if its because I didn't put a lot of sambal chilli... but you know Jason's tummy can't take too much heat so I better not put in too much chilli spice!
There were loads of bake goods from school too! Haha...Scones, Muffins, cookies, brownies! Super yumz... We gonna make bread this coming Thursday in school, so shall update again soon with pictures!
Anyway here are the pics!
Did you see a little white flake on Frosty's nose?! He looks so cute... He was snooping around in the kitchen while I was preparing the rempah for the laksa and I think one of the "runaway" garlic skin flew and landed on his nose refusing to let go! Haha... I love my dog.
Here's the laksa! Looking authentic eh? Really need to change the soup stock to either chicken stock or ikan billis stock I think...
Oh my here's the Otar Otar mix! Hehe smells super good, the lemon grass and all... yumz!
Scooping the paste onto the banana leaves!
The oven baked Otar Otar! Yumz yumz... Satisfying! I think it will taste even better if we BBQ it! But the weather is now just too warm to stand under for any kinda BBQ! Shall make another batch during Fall or Winter then! Hehe...
Otar Otar served with Nasi Lemak! I didn't make a big batch though so we are left with about 4 otars! Probably keep till this weekend and we can eat Otar bread! Hehe...
Now here are the baking goods we made in school! The triangular shaped ones are Fruit scones. Super yumz yumz! The one with the white sugar coating on top is Poppyseeds Lemon Muffins! I simply love the lemon and crunchy poppy seeds taste! Darling mentioned that poppyseeds are actually drugs or from opium plant! I didn't know that! He actually forbid me to eat them until he wikipedia them and it was mentioned safe for consumption hehe... Nervous daddy! Hehe... The other muffins that we made were Raspberry muffins and they were so crumbly and soft! Success! But I still prefer the lemon favoured ones!
Now these are Spritz cookies! Very almondy flavoured! I had loads of fun with this cookie cause they are piped out from the piping bag! I love piping hehe super fun!
And the superbly yumz yumz brownie with chocolate ganache. Omg its totally deli la... The chocolate ganache was suppose to be a super smooth layer. Hehe but due to transportation in the hot heat and because we just made it and it didn't have time to cool down, it started to melt a little and the ganache got stuck onto my aluminium foil... It look gorgeous when we were in school!
Here's a picture of the cut up brownies... The under side has a layer of powdered sugar... slurp slurp.
Alright, I'm done with my overload of food pictures! Are you hungry yet?!
Memorable Holiday Destinations 2008
Lake Mead, Las Vegas, USA
San Diego, USA
Singapore
Yellow Stones, Montana, USA
Glen Canyon, Arizona, USA
Las Vegas, USA
2007
New York, USA
Utah, USA
Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, USA
Napa Valley, San Francisco, USA
Cabazon, Los Angeles, USA
Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
San Francisco, USA
Los Angeles, USA
2006
Tokyo,Japan
Taipei,Taiwan
Bangkok, Thailand
Bintan, Indonesia
2005
Colorado, USA
Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Los Angeles, USA
Las Vegas, USA
San Diego, USA
Bintan, Indonesia
As of Dec 21 2008
Apologies on the lack of updates!
Been posting pictures on facebook and it seems wierd to post again on the blog haha kinda double job like that
And have been getting lazy in writting, prefering to use the mouse and just click!
Caleb's blog is still recieving weekly updates though
In fact we just updated the blog with some "photo studio" pics!
Do check it out!
Stay Tune for updates!