| Adventures | All About Us | Our Friends | Leave A Msg | Upcoming | Designer |
Annie's Apple Orchard
Thursday, September 25, 2008


When I was younger, I will always be driving up to Malaysia to visit my maternal grandmother at her home in Perak and I remember all the rambutan, durian and coconut trees in her garden and orchard. Sitting by the trees plucking on the juicy rambutans, hearing the thud, the drop of the durians... And so when Jane mentioned about an apple orchard 3hrs drive from Phoenix, I immediately asked if hubby would bring me there!

It definitely was a wonderful trip, getting away from our routine weekend at home and just the 2 of us! Getting stuck in the car together, no interuptions from TV or anything else and just the 2 of us talking, sharing our thoughts and enjoying each other's company...

Anyway the orchard was really nice, filled with apple and pear trees, really cute, I didn't know apple trees were so tiny, I imagine them to be bigger! :) We had a good lunch of old fashion American hamburgers that are smoked in apple before we started on our little apple plucking adventure!

Here are some pictures to share, I posted the rest of them in our multiply photo library if you are interested!
Photobucket
Finally, after 3hrs long of driving!

Photobucket
Apples in the trees!

Photobucket
The Asian pear trees... See they ain't that tall right?! I thought they would be as tall as the trees in the rainforest!

Photobucket
My first apple! A Granny smith... Not very sweet though.

Photobucket
My hubby's first apple, with all the stems and leaves intact. So pretty!

9:38 PM | back to top

0 Comment -XOXO Jason & Ophe

Jason & Ophelia


Bulletin
As of Dec 21 2008
Apologies on the lack of updates!
Been posting pictures on facebook and it seems wierd to post again on the blog haha kinda double job like that
And have been getting lazy in writting, prefering to use the mouse and just click!
Caleb's blog is still recieving weekly updates though
In fact we just updated the blog with some "photo studio" pics!
Do check it out!
Stay Tune for updates!

Rewind
Leave a tag!