| Adventures | All About Us | Our Friends | Leave A Msg | Upcoming | Designer |
Garage Sale
Saturday, March 01, 2008


What is so interesting about this piece of $20 note?
It's our first official garage sales earnings! Yeah Yeah Yeah... Super cool la...
A garage sale is a true blue garage sale over here in the States, all houses here comes along with a garage. When you find that you want to get rid of that old lamp that's sitting there in the corner for a long time or even your cupboards and dining table, you open your garage door and put all the items you want to get rid off and voila you have a little store right in your own garage! Little pieces of A4 sized paper will be placed along the main road guiding your potential customers to the garage sale! And people may wake up as early as 6am to check out all the garage sales that's happening around the neighborhood! You'll never know, what you might find! A nice working fan or heater, roller blades, candles that has never been used before... etc! What you find boring for you has become someone else's great find!

And so I prepared a big box of old clothes to sell today! I remember 1 bag of old clothes back home in Singapore that you sell to the Garang Guni might only costs less than $1 SGD (And which I personally rather donate them to Salvation Army) but over here, a piece of T-shirt that is in super slick condition can go up to $5USD... My old clothes from Forever 21, Zara, etc which I've grown bored off, mind you, though my clothes can be like 4-5 years old, they are surprisingly in super good conditions! I sold them a piece at $1- $2 each! Darling's super huge Quicksliver jacket that we loan to Dora when we went skiing, which he doesn't wear and have a few stains on it though I put it in the washing machine yesterday, was sold at $2!

Super cool la! And from all that, in a morning we earn like $20 USD! How wonderful can that be? To be able to get rid of old stuff that you might have want to just dump it into the rubbish turn out to be $20 just by coming out with a little bit of effort driving them to a garage sale early in the morning and getting $$ in return for that and what is best, the company of your friends! Having fun conversing in Mandarin telling each other how much we want to sell the items for

Hoonie mentioned she might be hosting a garage sale at the end of the month and I think I will be there again coz I have some more old clothes that has not been sold! =) I shall take pictures the next time to show you all how it look like!

So now my darlings, any old stuff you wanna sell!?

4:12 PM | back to top

0 Comment -XOXO Jason & Ophe

Jason & Ophelia


Bulletin
As of Dec 21 2008
Apologies on the lack of updates!
Been posting pictures on facebook and it seems wierd to post again on the blog haha kinda double job like that
And have been getting lazy in writting, prefering to use the mouse and just click!
Caleb's blog is still recieving weekly updates though
In fact we just updated the blog with some "photo studio" pics!
Do check it out!
Stay Tune for updates!

Rewind
Leave a tag!