| Adventures |
All About Us |
Our Friends |
Leave A Msg |
Upcoming |
Designer |
The Story of Me and My Coins
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Ok and finally yesterday, I found the courage to use the coins in my little coin pouch. Since I've been here... I have not use the coins on my own before cause they are so complicated! Back home the coins are 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c and $1 Over here its- A Penny (Bronze) = 1c A Nickel (Silver) = 5c A Dime (Silver with a Copper lining the circumference of the coin) = 10c A Quarter (Slightly bigger Silver Coin) = 25c
Who the hell use 25cents! So difficult to count right!
Ok... check out the picture I made... You see how the 10c is smaller than the 5c?!! Why why why? So confusing ya? And some coins doesnt even print on the value!
I HATE MATHS!!!
And so here's the story of how I used the coins yesterday. When I told Jason, he laughed at ME.
At the US Post Office (PO) PO Uncle: Miss, your postage cost $0.90
Me: Oki! Give me a minute (Looks into wallet- 2 x $10 bills and 1 bunch of coins... Then look over my shoulder, nobody in the queue. So, let me use the coins!)
PO Uncle: (Looking at me and holding out his hands)
Me: (Dig Dig. I know 25c... coz its the biggest coin! so I found 2 and thats 50c! Then I found 4 silver coins and total should be 90c! Proudly hand over coins to Uncle. Uncle stare at me and I stare back smiling!!!)
PO Uncle: Miss, that's only 70c. (Pointing to the coins which I thought was 10c) This is a 5c coin.
Me:(Turning Red) Oops I am sorry, I am still new in this place and haven't use the coins before. (Continue to dig for coins in coin pouch... Hmmm left all bronze ones... And I know they are 1c... damn it. No more silver coins) Hmmmm sorry, I dun have enough coins. Here's a $10 bill. (Handling Bill over to PO uncle)
PO Uncle: (Smiled... and hand back my coins.) Here's your change $9.10.
Me: (Still embaressed, place the coins back into my coin pouch.)
PO Uncle: (Know that I am embaress and try to make light of the situation) How do you like the weather here...
And we talk for a bit.
THE END: Not only did I not get rid of the coins in my coin pouch, I have an additional 10c from the $10 change... Sigh... :(
And Jason LAUGHED when I told him the story before bed last night... I felt so silly, I laughed too! After this round with the nice PO uncle, I am sure I'll be able to use them better the next round!
Ok and finally yesterday, I found the courage to use the coins in my little coin pouch. Since I've been here... I have not use the coins on my own before cause they are so complicated! Back home the coins are 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c and $1 Over here its- A Penny (Bronze) = 1c A Nickel (Silver) = 5c A Dime (Silver with a Copper lining the circumference of the coin) = 10c A Quarter (Slightly bigger Silver Coin) = 25c
Who the hell use 25cents! So difficult to count right!
Ok... check out the picture I made... You see how the 10c is smaller than the 5c?!! Why why why? So confusing ya? And some coins doesnt even print on the value!
I HATE MATHS!!!
And so here's the story of how I used the coins yesterday. When I told Jason, he laughed at ME.
At the US Post Office (PO) PO Uncle: Miss, your postage cost $0.90
Me: Oki! Give me a minute (Looks into wallet- 2 x $10 bills and 1 bunch of coins... Then look over my shoulder, nobody in the queue. So, let me use the coins!)
PO Uncle: (Looking at me and holding out his hands)
Me: (Dig Dig. I know 25c... coz its the biggest coin! so I found 2 and thats 50c! Then I found 4 silver coins and total should be 90c! Proudly hand over coins to Uncle. Uncle stare at me and I stare back smiling!!!)
PO Uncle: Miss, that's only 70c. (Pointing to the coins which I thought was 10c) This is a 5c coin.
Me:(Turning Red) Oops I am sorry, I am still new in this place and haven't use the coins before. (Continue to dig for coins in coin pouch... Hmmm left all bronze ones... And I know they are 1c... damn it. No more silver coins) Hmmmm sorry, I dun have enough coins. Here's a $10 bill. (Handling Bill over to PO uncle)
PO Uncle: (Smiled... and hand back my coins.) Here's your change $9.10.
Me: (Still embaressed, place the coins back into my coin pouch.)
PO Uncle: (Know that I am embaress and try to make light of the situation) How do you like the weather here...
And we talk for a bit.
THE END: Not only did I not get rid of the coins in my coin pouch, I have an additional 10c from the $10 change... Sigh... :(
And Jason LAUGHED when I told him the story before bed last night... I felt so silly, I laughed too! After this round with the nice PO uncle, I am sure I'll be able to use them better the next round!
Memorable Holiday Destinations 2008
Lake Mead, Las Vegas, USA
San Diego, USA
Singapore
Yellow Stones, Montana, USA
Glen Canyon, Arizona, USA
Las Vegas, USA
2007
New York, USA
Utah, USA
Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, USA
Napa Valley, San Francisco, USA
Cabazon, Los Angeles, USA
Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
San Francisco, USA
Los Angeles, USA
2006
Tokyo,Japan
Taipei,Taiwan
Bangkok, Thailand
Bintan, Indonesia
2005
Colorado, USA
Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Los Angeles, USA
Las Vegas, USA
San Diego, USA
Bintan, Indonesia
As of Dec 21 2008
Apologies on the lack of updates!
Been posting pictures on facebook and it seems wierd to post again on the blog haha kinda double job like that
And have been getting lazy in writting, prefering to use the mouse and just click!
Caleb's blog is still recieving weekly updates though
In fact we just updated the blog with some "photo studio" pics!
Do check it out!
Stay Tune for updates!