| Adventures |
All About Us |
Our Friends |
Leave A Msg |
Upcoming |
Designer |
Battle Scar of a Housewife
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Hey peeps!
Its taking me forever to update! Have been a really busy week! Our boxes from S'pore has finally arrived! Yipee doddle!
And so I had spend my entire Tuesday unpacking and packing. I can finally start of my scrapbooking coz the canon photo printer that Eve bought for me last Christmas has finally arrived! Yesterday Kittie and me went shopping at Jo-Annes' the craft and fabric shop, and I spent like $20 on paper, embellishements and cross stitch material! Manqi just scan a few Precious Moments artwork for me to work on! Yipee! Thanks babe. I am going to work on a nurse, pilot and doggie cross stitch! Something to decorate our new place with! So happy!
Oh and here's my completed cow, I bought a frame from Jo-Anne yesterday and Framed it up all by myself. And if you realise, instead of the quote that was on the original design, "Wash me and I shall be as white as snow" I labelled it as "RESTROOM" haha... We decided we are going to hang it outside the door of the common toilet. Since neither of us really understand what the quote means. :P
On Monday, I made Mushroom and Salmon Baked Rice. It was a pretty yummy dish but poor me, I suffered my first "battle scar as a house wife" I caught a minor burn from the grill on my right forearm! Sigh... was careless and its going to look quite ugly. It was really painful, I yelped in pain when darling asked what happend...He immediately asked me to apply colgate on the wound.
Hmmm Colgate, medical students dun really believe in that huh... Well, i ran it under water and I still place that colgate on my wound. It was a minor burn but I dunnoe why the burnt mark spread to the surrounding area of the wound and well, it looks bigger than the area that was burnt. Sob Sob, going to have a super ugly scar now.
Do I put Vitamin E cream to minimise the scar? Hmmmm I forgot what's the scar healing cream already... Well anyway Darling was so shocked, he applied antiseptic for me with my first aid kit! Hehe luckily I've prepared a mini first aid kit at home. :) (Really useful in situations like this, and I think everyone should have one in their home, Maybe I should blog about my first aid kit the next time and you guys can furnish one at home... self made first aid kit, the ready made ones doesn't seem to be good enough) Ok, and he then bandage the teeny weeny wound up to......... what looks like a fracture! *Faintz* Hehe I have since had the bandage removed and now the wound is being air to dry. Remember last time my muumy had even bigger burnt marks then me... Poor mummy must be painful... :( Anyway I didn't take a pic cause I thought it looks damn ugly. Ok enough of my ordeal and back to my cooking. Here's a pic of the fateful Mushroom and Salmon Baked Rice, its pretty yummy and super EASY to make, recipe courtesy of Les Dames Forum. Only ued, campbell soup, rice, salmon and Mushroom... EASY RIGHT! I got quite a few recipes from over there and now that my cookbooks have finally arrived and a few more contributions from Manqi, I think I should be safe, but keep those recipes coming!!! I need them people. Leave me on my own without any recipes, think I can only make Maggi Mee!
Ok and on Tuesday, I made Chicken and Potato Curry, recipe courtesy of Kitte Mei' home econs text. I miss my Home Econs text! I remember it still filled with simple easy dishes! Do you still have yours? I think mine is somewhere back home in the shelves, that's the only text that I refused to throw away last time! Haha... I have so much memories of Home Econs class... Getting the highest score in my cohort for flower arrangment, Mrs Quek was reallt proud of it and announced it in other classes. I've never score well in any other stuff before haha... So I am pretty proud. And those fond memories of my 3 hours cooking lessons every week which I look forward to... And have my darling Pingz as my partner in crime... It's my favorite time of the week, I wonder how come I have never pursue studies in that area. It was so fun... I remember making the ugly shorts... cullocks? -do I spell it correctly? Too bad, I didn't keep it... i hate the sewing machines in school though... They were really fast and I was always so frightened of getting poked by the needles!
Sorry forgot to take a pic of the curry before we attacked it cause we were so hungry, as you can see in the picture, all the chicken had been gobbled up! Haha.. Left mostly the potatoes. I must say that for a first timer in making curry, my curry is not bad, pretty delicious, but I think my mummy one still taste the best. I think mine is the simplest recipe! Hehe, the recipe that Kittie gave me doesn't even include coconut milk! I added my own version of Fresh Milk in the curry though hehe...
And yesterday I made Black Pepper Udon! It was a recipe from Manqi which she found from Women's weekly. I tell you... Its simply DELICIOUS! Very tasty! I shall post the recipe up on the food blog soon alright! Yummy Yummy! The recipe says it serves 5pax but me and Darling gobbled up almost all and it wasn't enough! I had to stop Darling and leave some for his lunch today! And so we filled our tummy up with Grapes and Pears and by 12mn darling was hungry again and so I had to make Ovaltine and plain biscuits for him to eat haha... So funny! Must make it a point to buy more Udon next time... Haha...
Oh have you guys caught the latest "Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix"? Well not very impressive! We went to watch it on Monday night since darling started work late on Tuesday. I still prefer the first 3 episodes, it was more magical and fun... Now its getting darker and darker... No more fun for Witches and Wizards... :( Do you know the boy Daniel Radcliffe is earning loads and loads of MONEY for this... I think in all the Harry Potter series he has earn like $70million! OMG... And he isn't even 20 yet! Anyway side tracked, I prefer him when he was younger, much cuter... hehe...
Well the weekend is coming pretty soon ya! Yeah... I was asking darling if we can go to Arrowhead mall to do some mini shopping this weekend! We haven't really been to a shopping mall in like the last 3 weeks at least? So shopping shopping here I come...
Actually this week, I have shop at La Senza online. Do you know that they have no outlets in USA? I guess over here its being dominated by Victoria Secrets? But OMG it was so cheap. La Senza was having a sale... The female wear (Top) starts from $8.50 onwards... And when I compared it to Victoria Secrets whose having their sale too, the cheapest range they have starts from $18.
La Senza shipping charges to USA per order of $12 and I bought 6 female wear (Top) so in calculates to only $10.50 per top in the end! So cheap ya? Even triumph is much more expensive! Well in case you are thinking why am I buying so many, I have to revamped my drawer you see... I have accidentally thrown some of my old ones in the machine to wash and I dun think they can be worn any longer sigh... what an excuse for shopping!:(
Luckily, back home in Singapore I've been to La Senza a few times before and so I know the size I wear... So yipee it was real easy shopping from home at the click of some buttons! The best part was, the shipping states 2-3 days, but by the next day, I got my loot! How amazing! I was so happy!
Well I can see I've been blabbering non stop, in case I've no updates for this week, do enjoy your weekend people! I miss you all!
Its taking me forever to update! Have been a really busy week! Our boxes from S'pore has finally arrived! Yipee doddle!
And so I had spend my entire Tuesday unpacking and packing. I can finally start of my scrapbooking coz the canon photo printer that Eve bought for me last Christmas has finally arrived! Yesterday Kittie and me went shopping at Jo-Annes' the craft and fabric shop, and I spent like $20 on paper, embellishements and cross stitch material! Manqi just scan a few Precious Moments artwork for me to work on! Yipee! Thanks babe. I am going to work on a nurse, pilot and doggie cross stitch! Something to decorate our new place with! So happy!
Oh and here's my completed cow, I bought a frame from Jo-Anne yesterday and Framed it up all by myself. And if you realise, instead of the quote that was on the original design, "Wash me and I shall be as white as snow" I labelled it as "RESTROOM" haha... We decided we are going to hang it outside the door of the common toilet. Since neither of us really understand what the quote means. :P
On Monday, I made Mushroom and Salmon Baked Rice. It was a pretty yummy dish but poor me, I suffered my first "battle scar as a house wife" I caught a minor burn from the grill on my right forearm! Sigh... was careless and its going to look quite ugly. It was really painful, I yelped in pain when darling asked what happend...He immediately asked me to apply colgate on the wound.
Hmmm Colgate, medical students dun really believe in that huh... Well, i ran it under water and I still place that colgate on my wound. It was a minor burn but I dunnoe why the burnt mark spread to the surrounding area of the wound and well, it looks bigger than the area that was burnt. Sob Sob, going to have a super ugly scar now.
Do I put Vitamin E cream to minimise the scar? Hmmmm I forgot what's the scar healing cream already... Well anyway Darling was so shocked, he applied antiseptic for me with my first aid kit! Hehe luckily I've prepared a mini first aid kit at home. :) (Really useful in situations like this, and I think everyone should have one in their home, Maybe I should blog about my first aid kit the next time and you guys can furnish one at home... self made first aid kit, the ready made ones doesn't seem to be good enough) Ok, and he then bandage the teeny weeny wound up to......... what looks like a fracture! *Faintz* Hehe I have since had the bandage removed and now the wound is being air to dry. Remember last time my muumy had even bigger burnt marks then me... Poor mummy must be painful... :( Anyway I didn't take a pic cause I thought it looks damn ugly. Ok enough of my ordeal and back to my cooking. Here's a pic of the fateful Mushroom and Salmon Baked Rice, its pretty yummy and super EASY to make, recipe courtesy of Les Dames Forum. Only ued, campbell soup, rice, salmon and Mushroom... EASY RIGHT! I got quite a few recipes from over there and now that my cookbooks have finally arrived and a few more contributions from Manqi, I think I should be safe, but keep those recipes coming!!! I need them people. Leave me on my own without any recipes, think I can only make Maggi Mee!
Ok and on Tuesday, I made Chicken and Potato Curry, recipe courtesy of Kitte Mei' home econs text. I miss my Home Econs text! I remember it still filled with simple easy dishes! Do you still have yours? I think mine is somewhere back home in the shelves, that's the only text that I refused to throw away last time! Haha... I have so much memories of Home Econs class... Getting the highest score in my cohort for flower arrangment, Mrs Quek was reallt proud of it and announced it in other classes. I've never score well in any other stuff before haha... So I am pretty proud. And those fond memories of my 3 hours cooking lessons every week which I look forward to... And have my darling Pingz as my partner in crime... It's my favorite time of the week, I wonder how come I have never pursue studies in that area. It was so fun... I remember making the ugly shorts... cullocks? -do I spell it correctly? Too bad, I didn't keep it... i hate the sewing machines in school though... They were really fast and I was always so frightened of getting poked by the needles!
Sorry forgot to take a pic of the curry before we attacked it cause we were so hungry, as you can see in the picture, all the chicken had been gobbled up! Haha.. Left mostly the potatoes. I must say that for a first timer in making curry, my curry is not bad, pretty delicious, but I think my mummy one still taste the best. I think mine is the simplest recipe! Hehe, the recipe that Kittie gave me doesn't even include coconut milk! I added my own version of Fresh Milk in the curry though hehe...
And yesterday I made Black Pepper Udon! It was a recipe from Manqi which she found from Women's weekly. I tell you... Its simply DELICIOUS! Very tasty! I shall post the recipe up on the food blog soon alright! Yummy Yummy! The recipe says it serves 5pax but me and Darling gobbled up almost all and it wasn't enough! I had to stop Darling and leave some for his lunch today! And so we filled our tummy up with Grapes and Pears and by 12mn darling was hungry again and so I had to make Ovaltine and plain biscuits for him to eat haha... So funny! Must make it a point to buy more Udon next time... Haha...
Oh have you guys caught the latest "Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix"? Well not very impressive! We went to watch it on Monday night since darling started work late on Tuesday. I still prefer the first 3 episodes, it was more magical and fun... Now its getting darker and darker... No more fun for Witches and Wizards... :( Do you know the boy Daniel Radcliffe is earning loads and loads of MONEY for this... I think in all the Harry Potter series he has earn like $70million! OMG... And he isn't even 20 yet! Anyway side tracked, I prefer him when he was younger, much cuter... hehe...
Well the weekend is coming pretty soon ya! Yeah... I was asking darling if we can go to Arrowhead mall to do some mini shopping this weekend! We haven't really been to a shopping mall in like the last 3 weeks at least? So shopping shopping here I come...
Actually this week, I have shop at La Senza online. Do you know that they have no outlets in USA? I guess over here its being dominated by Victoria Secrets? But OMG it was so cheap. La Senza was having a sale... The female wear (Top) starts from $8.50 onwards... And when I compared it to Victoria Secrets whose having their sale too, the cheapest range they have starts from $18.
La Senza shipping charges to USA per order of $12 and I bought 6 female wear (Top) so in calculates to only $10.50 per top in the end! So cheap ya? Even triumph is much more expensive! Well in case you are thinking why am I buying so many, I have to revamped my drawer you see... I have accidentally thrown some of my old ones in the machine to wash and I dun think they can be worn any longer sigh... what an excuse for shopping!:(
Luckily, back home in Singapore I've been to La Senza a few times before and so I know the size I wear... So yipee it was real easy shopping from home at the click of some buttons! The best part was, the shipping states 2-3 days, but by the next day, I got my loot! How amazing! I was so happy!
Well I can see I've been blabbering non stop, in case I've no updates for this week, do enjoy your weekend people! I miss you all!
Memorable Holiday Destinations 2008
Lake Mead, Las Vegas, USA
San Diego, USA
Singapore
Yellow Stones, Montana, USA
Glen Canyon, Arizona, USA
Las Vegas, USA
2007
New York, USA
Utah, USA
Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, USA
Napa Valley, San Francisco, USA
Cabazon, Los Angeles, USA
Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
San Francisco, USA
Los Angeles, USA
2006
Tokyo,Japan
Taipei,Taiwan
Bangkok, Thailand
Bintan, Indonesia
2005
Colorado, USA
Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Los Angeles, USA
Las Vegas, USA
San Diego, USA
Bintan, Indonesia
As of Dec 21 2008
Apologies on the lack of updates!
Been posting pictures on facebook and it seems wierd to post again on the blog haha kinda double job like that
And have been getting lazy in writting, prefering to use the mouse and just click!
Caleb's blog is still recieving weekly updates though
In fact we just updated the blog with some "photo studio" pics!
Do check it out!
Stay Tune for updates!