| Adventures | All About Us | Our Friends | Leave A Msg | Upcoming | Designer |
4th July, America's Independence Day
Friday, July 06, 2007


It was a super nice holiday! All chill out and whats even better its Sat tmr wa ha ha. Will have baby home with me again! Sorry baby you are stuck with me!

Was supposed to go to this SMO's (Senior Maintenance Officer) baby 1 month at the squadron but we didn't really know him very well and decided to spend our day shopping for Furniture instead. Went to Waffle House for brunch and I had my BLT sandwich while J had his steak sandwich. Darling kept saying that Waffle House is great. I think Denny's better. But still glutton me, finished up my BLT sandwich. Well in case you are wondering what BLT stands for, like silly me, its Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato... After some furniture hunting, which was pretty much unsuccessful, the furniture sale here we went to were all big American sized ones, I think you can only place them in those huge mansionettes but not in our small apartment. So after going through about 3 shops, we went to Sam's Club to stock up some grocery for home... We wanted to buy paper plates and utensils for our meals but the ones they sell at Sam's club were in Bulk and it seems like if we buy them, it could last us for the whole 2 years., just kidding, but in any case we were thinking we should just buy a set plates and bowls plus some forks and spoons since our boxes are not arriving till another 2 weeks (I have more work to do when the boxes arrive, sigh) so we went Target to hunt for nice cutlery. The ones that we brought over from Singapore were round in shape, so we decided to get square ones, can bring back to S'pore for our new home next time :) Anyway just that little bit of shopping took us like 4hours! Went back home to unpack and darling made dinner! Gong Bao Ji Ding and Sambal Long beans... Yummy! And we finally get to use steel forks and spoons for dinner at our home! Yeah... Check it out, love our new cutlery set!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


After dinner, Ah Lei came over to our place and caught a ride to the base for some 4th July Fireworks! The fireworks were nice! A whole 20 mins worth we were pretty bored though coz it was so long! And most of them were the same. I took a short video clip cause I ran out of battery, couldn't get the nicer ones... Sigh... The fireworks were really very clear and near!!! The whole night was filled with fireworks everywhere, when we were driving on the expressway we saw a few! So nice...



Met Raptor's family at the fireworks session too. Derek and kit came to join us after their dinner and we decide to go for a movie after the fireworks. Went to AMC at Glendale but they dun offer military discount unlike Harkins, so over at Harkins each movie ticket only cost $7.50 but at AMC its $9.50. Expensive, dun think we will go back to AMC again, but the cinema is huge, they have like over 40 theatres. Wanted to watch Transformers but the ticket sales were really hot and since its free seating, dun think we will be able to get good seats. So we went for the next alternative, Fantastic 4. Did you know that it is only the second run of the show? I didn't know since I wasn't really interested in the show so I asked darling, "have you watch fantastic 1, 2 and 3 previously? I dun think I will be able to know what the show is about"- I thought Fantastic 4 was the 4th run haha... Oops... And he corrected me, Fantastic 4 is actually about 4 superheroes. Felt embaress, like a bimbo... Oops. But anyhow, it was a great show, I must admit. Throughout the whole show, I was oggling at the Silversurfer's body... I was fanscinated, he has a perfect body structure! I think he's the cutest character in the show, but is he a computerised graphic, what a pity ya? I told darling and he commented that the Silversurfer has the body like the man on the Oscar award- well I think that's a really great observation! Maybe they did model the Silversurfer based on the structure of the Oscar award! Haha.

Yesterday was really chill out too. We woke up super late like 10plus and felt that the whole morning was wasted... Went to Scottsdale for some shopping... We went to Crate and Barrell coz darling eyed on this display cabinet but it was so expensive! Scottsdale area is similar to Orchard Road, you'll find loads of designer items there like LV, Gucci, Channel... Blah Blah... Expensive wor... So anyway we didn't get any stuff there, just had lunch and went to the Chinese Supermarket to stock up on our grocery. Found chilli and Baby decided to make his Chilli crab with our leftover King crabs from Alaska! We were thinking of the one we super love in HRC. The shelless chilli crab dip. Yummy!

Its Super spicy though, darling accidentally added too much chilli... Whooo but it still taste yummy! We didnt have Man Tou, so instead we dip it with Sweet Dinner rolls and its YUMMILICIOUS!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I dun have the recipe though, so will share with you once I get the recipe from darling :)

But I still have a nice easy recipe to share with you, CHICKEN PIE!!! - This recipe was shared with me by Manqi, it doesn't have much vegetables inside the pie though and so I added my own carrots. I think you can add corn kernels or even green peas inside the pie if you want! :) I think the next time, I will be making smaller sized ones like little muffin size caue we were so stuffed!

The amount of ingredients I have is enough for 2 approximate 12cm by 5cm by 3cm baking dish. Have fun!

Chicken Pie

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ingredients (Ingredients depends on how much and what kind you like to have in the pie.)
:: 2 pieces of Frozen Puff Pastry
:: 2 big chicken thigh meat-excess fat trimmed
:: A cup of brown mushroom ( I used the small portobello mushrooms) sliced or chopped
:: 1 Carrot chopped, steam or boil to soften
:: Half a French Onion
:: 1-2 Bay Leaves
:: 2 tbsp of butter or oil
:: Salt and Pepper to taste
:: 1 tbsp of cornflour mix with 1 tbsp of chicken stock

Ready to Cook
:: Place chicken meat, onion, water and bay leaves to cover. Boil then simmer for 30 mins.
:: Remove, strain stock, shred chicken meat and discard bones (Darling prefers pieces of chicken instead of shredding them, so it depends on whether you prefer chicken chunks or shredded pieces)
:: Melt butter in pan over medium fire
:: Stir fry chicken, and mushrooms. Add vegetables like carrot and onions if you want at this point.
:: Add stock, simmer until mixture is runny.
:: Season with salt and pepper
:: Add the cornstarch mixture, stir and simmer for 30secs.
:: Preheat oven at 220 degrees celcius.
:: Meanwhile grease your baking dish and lined it with the Frozen Pastry. I lined the sides as well.
:: Prick the base with a fork. Spoon the filling into the dish.
:: Cover with a second pastry sheet.
:: Trim excess and press edges to seal.
:: Make light cuts on top and bake for 15 to 20 mins until lightly brown.


On friday when darling came home, he brought soem Rice Dumplings (Ba Chang) home for me. It was from Aifang! SO nice lor... I was so touched coz I was craving for Ba Chang when I was back home in Singapore. **Bliss**

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We just borrowed some DVDs from Blockbuster...
1. Happy Feet- I still haven watch it
2. Because I Said So- Diane Keane and Mandy Moore
3. The Illusionist- From my favorite Paul Giamatti from Sideways and Lady in the water and Edward Norton.
Will review afterwards! Have watched all 3 already but too lazy to review haha, will do so another day!

Well gotta go prepare dinner liao!
1. Watercress soup
2. Steam Sea Bass
3. Stir Fry Bean Sprouts
Yummy... Enjoy your weekend peeps!



8:10 AM | back to top

0 Comment -XOXO Jason & Ophe

Jason & Ophelia


Bulletin
As of Dec 21 2008
Apologies on the lack of updates!
Been posting pictures on facebook and it seems wierd to post again on the blog haha kinda double job like that
And have been getting lazy in writting, prefering to use the mouse and just click!
Caleb's blog is still recieving weekly updates though
In fact we just updated the blog with some "photo studio" pics!
Do check it out!
Stay Tune for updates!

Rewind
Leave a tag!